Caring for your Lai
Jewelry should be treated with love and care. It should be treasured and enjoyed every time you put it on.
Our jewelry does not specifically require any special care and is fairly low- maintenance but, as you already know, it is in the nature of silver to tarnish (a slow process of oxidization in contact with moisture in the air which leads to ‘blackening’ or tarnishing of the surface) and these few basic guidelines, if followed, will help keep your silver jewelry in ship-shape and make it last for generations:
• The key to having silver jewelry look good for the longest time is to not wet it. If it does get wet, wipe with a soft dry cloth as soon as you can.
• Exposure to chemicals including perfumes is harmful, so it is best to spray perfume prior to putting on your jewelry. Chlorine and bromine in pools and hot tubs are particularly damaging to stones and metal so avoid wearing jewelry in the pool, tub or sauna.
• Store silver jewelry in re-sealable plastic pouches, zip-lock bags or soft cloth pouches. Each piece should be kept in an individual pouch to avoid scratches and early wearing-off of the gold plating.
• Never store your Lai jewelry in a leather pouch or bag.
• Keep the jewelry in a dark, cool place such as a drawer. Humid places such as bathrooms will cause the pieces to tarnish more quickly.
• Wipe off any tarnish with a commonly available polish such as Silvo but do use it sparingly and gently. Polishing gently with a jewelry polishing cloth or cleaning with any white fluoride containing toothpaste are two other ways to clean your silver.
• For silver jewelry with a matte finish, make a watery paste of baking soda and water and rub gently to restore surface.
• Do not scrub or use detergent to clean your jewelry.
• Wear your jewelry as often as possible: jewelry tarnishes less when it is worn- trust us on this one!
If you have any questions, or would like more assistance and advice, please contact us at email@example.com